I had issues using NX server (FREE NX, No Machine Client) for my WebSphere MQ user (mqm)

As you can see when I try to use NX to connect to server using mqm, I get a hang.

Checking the session Log I see:

Info: Display running with pid ’8028′ and handler ’0x110eae’.

NXPROXY – Version 3.5.0

Copyright (C) 2001, 2011 NoMachine.

See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid ’6652′.

Session: Starting session at ‘Sun Feb 10 14:39:26 2013′.

Info: Connection with remote proxy completed.

Info: Using ADSL link parameters 512/24/1/0.

Info: Using cache parameters 4/4096KB/16384KB/16384KB.

Info: Using pack method ‘adaptive-7′ with session ‘gnome’.

Info: Using ZLIB data compression 1/1/32.

Info: Using ZLIB stream compression 4/4.

Info: Using cache file ‘D:\nx/cache-gnome/S-3F1385A0331C19B01DF902465C24DB21′.

Info: Forwarding X11 connections to display ‘:0′.

Info: Listening to font server connections on port ’11000′.

Session: Session started at ‘Sun Feb 10 14:39:26 2013′.

Warning: Protocol mismatch or no X authentication data.

Session: Terminating session at ‘Sun Feb 10 14:39:29 2013′.

Info: Your session was closed before reaching a usable state.

Info: This can be due to the local X server refusing access to the client.

Info: Please check authorization provided by the remote X application.

Session: Session terminated at ‘Sun Feb 10 14:39:29 2013′.

) when I was trying to connect as mqm user? This is what I did to solve issue.

Now before I go over this, I must say that I am using the default nx install and I have added the client dsa key to my nx client config. I tested with a new user and yet when I test with the actual mqm user I could not get a connection. I would get typical session errors like the following:

• Error: Aborting session with ‘Cannot establish any listening sockets – Make sure an X server isn’t already running’.
  • Your session was closed before reaching a usable state.
  • This can be due to the local X server refusing access to the client.
  • Please check authorization provided by the remote X application.

So I logged in as mqm user and ran nxagent command:

[mqm@localhost ~]$ nxagent
_XSERVTransSocketUNIXCreateListener: …SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running
Session: Aborting session at ‘Sun Feb 10 14:26:15 2013′.
Session: Session aborted at ‘Sun Feb 10 14:26:15 2013′.

I then thought maybe SELinux was enabled and causing me issues?

root@localhost ~]# selinuxenabled && echo enabled || echo disabled
enabled

echo 0 > /selinux/enforce

root@localhost ~]# selinuxenabled && echo enabled || echo disabled
disabled

I then tried connecting an voila, success. So in short all I had to do was turn of SE Liniux. This is a security hole I can live with on a test server. When I get time I shall investigate SE Linux and understand how I can solve this for the wmq user.

Note: With SE Linux on, this does not affect any other user!

Success, I am now running a Desktop as mqm via Free NX. Wicked! I can no use my Message Broke r Tookit as mqm user.