26 Feb 2013
February 26, 2013

Creating an IBM Process Center for IBM BMP 8.0.1

February 26, 2013 Blog, IBM, IBM Process Server 0 Comment

This is using the  GUI approach. My IBM BPM courses for dev and admin  should be available sometime in  Q3 2013.

For this install I am using the flowing three media files

• BPM_ADV_8.0.1_LNX_X86_32_64B-2_3.tar
  • BPM_ADV_8.0.1_LNX_X86_32_64B-3_3.tar
  • BPM_ADV_8.0.1_LNX_X86_32_64B-1_3.tar

Once de-compressed this is the file list.

-rw-rw-r–. 1 bpmadmin 500 1148 Nov 3 01:07 launchpad.ini

-rw-rw-r–. 1 bpmadmin 500 1148 Nov 3 01:07 launchpad64.ini

drwxrwxr-x. 10 bpmadmin 500 4096 Nov 3 16:03 .

drwxrwxr-x. 8 bpmadmin 500 4096 Nov 3 16:04 repository

drwxr-xr-x. 4 bpmadmin 500 4096 Nov 3 17:23 properties

drwxr-xr-x. 2 bpmadmin 500 4096 Nov 3 17:23 LICENSES

drwxr-xr-x. 38 bpmadmin 500 4096 Nov 3 17:23 launchpad

drwxr-xr-x. 7 bpmadmin 500 4096 Nov 3 17:23 dbscripts

drwxrwxr-x. 12 bpmadmin 500 4096 Nov 3 17:26 IM

drwxrwxr-x. 12 bpmadmin 500 4096 Nov 3 17:26 IM64

drwxrwxr-x. 3 bpmadmin 500 4096 Nov 3 17:26 responsefiles

-rwxr-xr-x. 1 bpmadmin 500 6081 Nov 3 17:26 launchpad.sh

drwxr-xr-x. 4 root root 4096 Feb 25 11:05 ..

I will start by running the launchpad.sh file

I have chosen to install the typical installation which allows me to choose the type of installation I want to perform. I then selected the Install Process Center option.

Click Next

Fill in the appropriate username and password. I have used wasasdmin/wasadmin

Choose use DB/2 Express

I used the following username/password combinations to start with:

bpminst/bpminst

bpmfenc/bpmfenc

bpmadmin/bpmadmin

Click Next

I then opted not to connect with my support account. This is a test environment, so need for that. I also like to be in control of updates. I am unsure what this option actually does, so I am leaving it out.

Click Install software

Take note of the Schema names

If you get the following error, then it is because you have not set some of the prerequisites

Ensure you complete the Linux Os Prerequisites.

For centos 6.3 I added the following to sysctl.conf

#Added for WAS Process Server

kernel.shmmni=4096

kernel.sem=250 256000 32 4096

kernel.msgmni=16384

kernel.msgmax=65536

kernel.msgmnb=65536

Then I added the following lines to the end of the /etc/security/limits.conf file:

# – stack – max stack size (KB)

* soft stack 32768

* hard stack 32768

# – nofile – max number of open files

* soft nofile 65536

* hard nofile 65536

# – nproc – max number of processes

* soft nproc 16384

* hard nproc 16384

I then rebooted CentoOS.

First the installer installs IBM Installation Manager, then uses the repository from the install media as outlined at the beginning of this article.

If you get and error like:

It is most likely just errors being reported that your user for DB/2 already exists due to a previous trial of the install. Might be best to delete the users and groups mentioned earlier and start again.

I clicked Yes to launch the First Steps Console

A dialog will pop up detailing verification information

Now click the Administration link.

use the username and password you entered earlier on during the installation.

I am using wasadmin/wasadmin

If we navigate to the Server’s view, we can see that we have a server and the profile that this server belongs to has been augmented for BPM.

If we navigate to the Applications view we will be able to see many applications that have been installed.

We will now go back to the first steps console and click on the Process Centre console link

We can see from the screen capture below that the context root is:”ProcessCenter”

We can also see that there is a download link to download IBM Process Designer. We will cover this in a separate document.

Lets look in to which application is serving the Process Center Console?

If you locate and find the app called IBM_BPM_Repository, and look at it’s web-modules context root u will see it is the Process Center Console Application.

Click Context Root for Web Modules

Well that’s all for this article, I hope this gives you some insights on a basic installation on a Process Center. In my course which is due for release in Q2/Q1 2013, you will get a complete guide on how to install BMP silently. I am also building a course on how to develop using IBM Integration Developer.

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail