Liberty Profile Essentials Course
Do you need to save time automating IBM WebSphere Application Server Liberty Profile tasks?
Have you ever wondered how to automate IBM Installation Manager to manage WAS LP?
Ever needed to automate the installation of WAS Liberty 8.5.5.x and Upgrades using an archive-style approach?
Do you wish to learn how to use Jython to automate Liberty?
The WebSphere Application Server 8.5.5.x Liberty essentials Course provides the student with a full set of guides and a set of commercial-grade automation scripts with detailed worked-examples.
The course covers the following topics:
- Install, upgrade and uninstall WebSphere Liberty Profile using an Archive-Style approach
- Install, upgrade and uninstall WebSphere Liberty Profile using IBM Installation Manager
- Install, upgrade and uninstall WebSphere Liberty Profile using automation scripts
- Build and Deploy a sample Web Application
- Manage features and add ons
- Configure an off-line feature repository to add features even when not connected to internet
- Install and configure the Admin Center to provide a GUI-based admin console
- Enable basic security to secure the Admin Console
- Use JConsole to invoke exposed Management Beans (Mbeans) via JMX
- Install, configure an implement Jython for Jython automation
- Using Jython to manage deployed application-state
- Locating demo /trial software from IBM
- Enable a JDBC Provider and data source for a data-aware application
- Install and configure MYSQL to support your data-aware Java Web-Application
Imagine being able to install and upgrade Liberty Profile products in minutes, with self auditing configurations and detailed logging.
The course has been written by Steve Robinson who is a well known WebSphere product specialist and the author of several published WebSphere related books.
Duration: 5-10 Days Self Study
- Experienced JEE Developers and Administrators having basic experience with Application Servers.
- People looking to upgrade their skills to lightweight architectures with the latest version of WebSphere Application Server
- Advanced professionals looking to automate installing and upgrading Liberty in the enterprise.
Basic knowledge of Linux commands is expected.
Note: Once you have paid and registered, you will gain instant access to download your course materials.