WebSphere Application Server 7 Performance Tuning Course
This course provides students with the tools and techniques to tune the performance of WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment Version 7.0 (WAS ND 7)
As typical of all our middleware courses, the course material follows a “Do-it-yourself” approach and provides all the necessary instructions and sample code to setup your lab, try out tuning tasks and learn. In short, this course is a highly practical course which teaches performance tuning by example.
Something unique about this course is the 145 slide Power Point pack which covers WebSphere Performance Tuning best practices and theory.
The following topics are covered:
- Performance tuning process
- How WAS processes requests
- Tools that can be used to measure and tune performance of WAS
- Tuning JVMs, Thread pools, Connection pools
- Tuning session/replication/persistence
By completing this course, the student will be able to judge the impact of changing major WAS parameters on performance, understand how the various WAS components are inter-related and use various thumb rules to quickly bring WAS to optimal performance levels.
- 1-2 weeks Self Study
- Ideal duration for an instructor-based course (If a commercial license is purchased to use for training): 5 days.
JEE Developers and Administrators having some experience with WebSphere Application Server 7.0 or equivalent.
Note: Once you have paid and registered, you will gain instant access to download your course materials.
This course provides the student with the necessary skill set to handle all sorts of administrative tasks on WebSphere Application Server 7.0 The course material follows a “Do-it-yourself” approach and provides all the necessary instructions to install the product, try out various administrative tasks and learn.
Performance Tuning Process and Tools
- Performance Tuning Process
- Model for Performance Tuning
- PMI, TPV and the Advisor
- WAS Threads, the Work Horses
- Identifying Bottlenecks
- Server Hang & Thread dumps
- Memory Leak & Heap dumps
- Dump Agents
- JVM Memory Architecture and Flags
Tuning Thread Pools
- Application Execution Model
- Tuning Thread Pool
- Tuning Transport Channels
Tuning Connection Pools
- Connection Pool settings
- Statement Caching and its Impact on Performance
- Calculating Optimal session Time-Out Duration
- Session Replication Tuning
- Session Persistence Tuning
- Session Replication Vs Persistence
- Performance Tuning Checklist
With an instructor we can tremendously speed up the learning process. Instructor learning, however is a private consultancy or you can license the course ware for re-sales purposes for your own training needs.
Contact us if you are requiring more than self study, however please consider we are a professional training company and though our courseware is affordable, we do not provide 1-2-1 training licenses for the same price as self-study.